Sunday, August 03, 2008

5 Phases

This week Cell Group sermon was really good.
Although I didn't preach/ speak well, I shared my heart the best that I know how.
I have gone through each and every stage starting with a dream (of cos!) of becoming a CGL after I dedicated my life to Christ.
Ya Ya has really impacted me.
Seeing how she was touching lives during my first visit to Church, I was very much convicted that I want to be someone like her.
After my A levels, I made a decision to enrol myself to the 6-month Bible School so that I could be better equipped to serve God.
But, things didn't go as what was planned-I wasn't promoted to be a CGL straight after the graduation.
The delay came and gradually, I thought it wasn't possible for someone like me to be chosen.
Anyhow, I kept serving God and was equally glad to simply be a helper-as long as I can be used.
Of cos, the desire to lead a group of people still burns.
Finally (as you know), the breakthrough came!
Praise be the name of the Lord!
The ability to dream didn't stop there.
There came the dream to multiply my cell group.
Once again, I was put through the same phases.
Delay came and then, the dead end- when my cell group disbanded instead.
I was totally disheartened and broken.
I was later given another cell group to lead.
The fears of not being able to grow were brought over.
The doubts and uncertainties were overwhelming.
Everyday, battling of thoughts were taking place in my mind.
I continued to trust in God and the promises He gave.
In the end, friends kept coming and souls were saved.
The cell group then multiplied!
Praise be the name of the Lord!
But the ability to dream didn't stop there.
I wanted to be a Full-Time Worker for God.
After my university, I signed up for the 10-month School of Theology.
The times were trying but I wasn't daunted.
I was given an opportunity to serve part-time in church as a receptionist.
I was excited as this was one step closer to my desire.
However, I didn't perform as well as expected.
After 10 months, no offer was made.
I started looking for jobs and since then, I didn't even dare to tell others about this dream of mine.
When the Marketplace message came about, I convinced myself that it must be God's will that I am not working in church so that I can shine for Him in a greater measure.
I didn't know better- the dream was not forsaken; it was only forgotten.
During my Korea Trip, something was stirred up in the spirit.
God has fulfilled Phase 5 for my previous dreams, I believe it is no different this time round.
What a testimony it will be to those who have been waiting when this dream really come to pass.
Lamb will continue to trust;
Ding Dong Bell will never give up;
E47 will keep believing.
God, make it true.

3 Comments:

Blogger LoyLoy said...

hey lao da!!!!

how have you been man?
long.......long.....time no see....

lets meet up with the rest someday soon!!!!

Tuesday, August 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets all not give up, but continue to trust in Him.

We are the female versions of DANIELS! amen! :)

Tuesday, August 05, 2008  
Blogger yenbiscuits said...

YES!
Meet up!!

Saturday, August 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home