Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mirror Mirror On the Wall

This morning I was just looking into the mirror and "ding"!!!
Not that I discovered a bunchful of white hair (if it is really that much, I will faint),
Not that a few more pimples or wrinkles have popped out (the cream and the pills, if not the knife, can salvage. So no big deal),
But suddenly a thought crossed my brainy: I no longer change myself to be accepted or to appear likeable.

I mean, for 1 person, I used to:
(1) Digest books weekly
(2) Read the dictionary
(3) Listen to oldies
(4) Invest in fashion magazines
(5) Write poems
(6) Be in flats
(7) Keep to short hair
(8) Act like a banana
(9) Look rich

I grew to like some of the above and some became my interests as a result.
However, to get me go through the process of accommodating others at the expense of my comfort, it seems a little tougher now.

Hmm. Need some room for thinking.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA! what's act like a banana? I guess I know how that person is.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007  
Blogger Sharlene Teo Junrong said...

aunty ping..! less parables pls?

Wednesday, October 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home