Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ugly Singaporeans

I bet you’ve heard this before, “Some people just don’t leave the house with their brain.”
How about this?
“Most Singaporeans just don’t board the train with their heart.”
Mine oh mine, talking about being ugly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
15th January 2007

I got onto the train holding a big, bulky box with both my hands.
I sure don’t feel at ease standing and I look like I’m about to lose my balance anytime.
As usual, the train is crowded with commuters a few minutes after 6pm.
I don’t expect those who are seated to “sacrifice” their seats for me.
After all, I don’t look pregnant.
Neither do I have grey hair sticking out of my crown.
But I just don’t understand why those who are standing can bear to vie an empty seat with me when there’s finally one.
And it is merely 1 step away (perhaps 2 steps for my goody pal) from me.
I would have graciously surrendered the long-awaited seat to someone who is more in need of it.
But, I don’t see any handicaps in a man who is reading Today newspaper and is so engrossed in it.
I love to say, “I will recognize him even if he turns into ashes,” but too bad I’m not given a chance because never once did he lift up his head.
So how do you describe ugliness?
I have no answer since his face was buried in the papers. *Wink*
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Christians or non-christians, I think everyone should listen to last week's sermon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally agreed! i was just lamenting why pst didn't use the example of MRT people and well.. i guess he doesn't take the train, u think?

Tuesday, January 16, 2007  
Blogger yenbiscuits said...

Hands up!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home