Thursday, August 17, 2006

Cry "Wolf!"

"Don't waste your time praying for me."
"Don't call me or sms me again."
"I'm leaving church and leaving God. Don't bother about me anymore."

I have heard these from the same person, all within 3 months. And each time, she would end up in church service the immediate sunday and acted as if nothing had happened- prayed strong and sang loud during worship; laughed and joked during fellowship.

But I didn't want to take any chances.
I would get members to counsel her.
I would ring her countless times before she finally answered the call.
I would pray for her.
I would sms lots of encouraging words.

I guess she doesn't know:
I feared whenever I received such a sms from her.
Fear of losing another member.
Fear of disappointment by people whom I have sowed my time and effort.
Fear of going back to square one.
Fear of falling in the ministry.

The immatures have no cares about consequences.
They won't be babes if they do.

Today, I received another sms.
And I agreed with her.
Go ahead.
I will still pray but not for her attendance on sunday.
For the fear of God.
For the knowing of who God is.
For the conviction that God doesn't need her but she needs God.
For the shift in paradigm.
For the humility in the spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home