Monday, February 22, 2010

How did it happen?

Not overnight for sure! And, nothing to do with love at first sight.
We were really JUST friends for months.
But I guess, it all started with friendship.
The proximity of our place did create extra time for fellowship.
Now I believe how the chinese saying "近水楼台先得月”comes about.
I really thank God for being in the whole process.
It might sound ridiculous to involve so many people in the "move" but it was absolutely necessary.
When I realised we were getting too close ie. chatting and exchanging bb messages almost everyday, I panic a little.
Familarity breeds contempt. I recognized the need to draw a line especially when I actually "look forward" to the beeping sound from my bb.
I know I am not heading right if I allow things to continue.
Spoke to Pastor and asked to do some changes. Permisson granted.
Anyway, there was quite a bit of wrestling between the mind and the heart.
We stopped all modes of communication for a couple of days as I wanted to talk to Pastor again about the hows and the whats. And I wanted Pastor to call him.
Afterall, nobody should be misleading anyone.
Then, Mr Tay blurted out.
I think I was a little excited but yet, apprehensive.
How would God view this relationship? Would it be a go-ahead or a thumbs-down?
It was a tinge of every emotion!
Since Pastor was supposed to talk to him the next day, we both waited.
And the wait prolonged.
I was not too confident of how things will work out given how different we both are.
Our backgrounds, experiences, length of time in church...etc contribute to my hesitation.
It was good that Pastor was in the loop since Day 1 because woman being woman, my judgment can no longer be trusted in totality.
I need Pastor's advice! We need Pastor's advice.
I was quite surprised how well they thought of him thou. Haha.
He went through a round of phone interview and he survived.
I thought, my, this man would probably take a step or two back. He didn't :)
But it got him thinking. Not just of the present.
We maintained a comfortable distance as friends until he was "invited" to the leaders' New Year Eve countdown.
That was when the progress accelerated.
Then, he assured me he was ready and I feel, we are good to go as long as Pastor is agreeable.
We said, Pastor's decision is our decision.
When he received Pastor's reply, he must be grinning from ear to ear *wink*
And so... it happened!
It is really so important to receive blessings from the leaders.
Honestly, I was busy preparing myself how and what to do should Pastor say no- be calm, be cool, be obedient...etc.
So when it was otherwise, I was in a state of shock or rather pleasant surprise.
There's alot we need to do and need to learn.
Whatever it is, we want to keep God in the centre this relationship and in centre of our lives. Amen and amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous m.Ru said...

Amen, and Amen! :) God is very good! :))

Saturday, February 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home