Thursday, July 23, 2009

SAVINGS

I wanted very badly to sleep or to be asleep at this hour-
I feel extremely uncomfortable and would prefer to be unconscious.
Anyhow, since there's nothing much I can do, I shall blog about what had been crossing my mind.
And yes, SAVINGS.
I had never really appreciated the value of this virtue until 2 years ago after I began leading adult group.
I regret not catching the habit earlier.
I have to admit, I am still not very trained in it but bit by bit,I am getting it.
This year alone, I learnt a great lesson.
Already pay-freeze. Forced leave might be next. Retrenchment would be the last option.
Honestly,I don't have a back-up plan.
I don't have a fat bank account that can last me 6 months without a job.
After 4 years in the workforce, this must be the biggest joke!
I looked into my wardrobe(no chronicles of narnia), all I discovered or rediscovered were bags in all shapes and sizes that I had not used for eons.
But funny thing is,none is branded BRANDED.
Where did my money go?!?!
I absolutely have no idea.
Sometimes I even suspect why I restrict myself from falling in love, is due to this lack of discipline.
You might think that there is no relevance between the two but to me,there is!
Disciplinelessness(if there is such a word) is a character flaw and if I myself can't tolerate it,how can I expect others to?
Just because I am a woman doesn't mean I can live on a man's savings, during courtship or even for wedding preparation.
I can't imagine it!
I realise if I can't overcome this mentality(I have tried), I just have to pump up my dollar and cents.
Perhaps it will be a better idea for my family to write me a blank cheque than nagging at me should they want me off the shelf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home