Thursday, January 07, 2010

Thanks for making the trip possible :)

(1) Steven for driving me to the airport at 730am. Amazing, cos we slept quite late the night before.
(2) E47,for the ang pow. Speechless!
(3) Kunyan, for taking care of the cg
(4) Junrong, for helping me with the admin straight after she returned from her own trip
(5) Peiling, for her nonsense and her first aid box :p
(6) Caiyan, for loaning some of her winter wear and the heat packs
(7) The girls in cg. Texting me early in the morning and wishing me well
(8) Karen, for standing in and handling the boards' and ministries' weird requests
(9) Irwan and Shirley for recommending the "must-go" places and "must-eat"food in Shanghai
(10)Raymond, for volunteering to link me with his colleague should I lose my way in the foreign land
(11)Besties, for missing me when I was away. Haha~
(12)Ling's international spies, for the free meals and rides
(13)My sister. Caring for my safety albeit I am already 30 *wink*
(14)The helpful staff in Rendezvous, Cathay Pac and dragonair
(15)Ken, for driving me back
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sidetrack: Interesting things
(1) Being constantly mistaken to be a Jap during the trip (which happened when I was in Perth too). I credit it to the fashion sense inherited from Vivi
(2) Bumped onto countless times as if it is a norm- reminds me of Korea!
(3) Stopped at China customs twice when I flew in and flew out. Do I look that complicated?
(4) "Gucci, Coach, LV, Chanel" talks in Nanjing Road
(5) Instantly promoted to be a "babe" as that's how all ladies were addressed
(6) Rolex and Longines in rundown boutiques. Mind you, they are not counterfeits
(7) Ajisen and Yoshinoya at half the price and twice as yumnmy
(8) Went to Hangzhou without venturing to west lake. What?!
(9) Spent RMB40 in a tunnel watching some lights. Err, I don't really know how to appreciate that.
(10) Took more cabs than mrt. It's just too cold to walk to the station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home